In the next of our Law Firm Founder Conversations podcast series, Our Managing Partner Clare Murray discusses all things law firm founder with Dr Peter Allinson, CEO of specialist national Real Estate law firm Davitt Jones Bould.
Launched in 2000, the firm was an early disrupter of the traditional approach to law firm operations; from the start, adopting remote working, based around regional hubs, to drive the growth of the firm and to attract the best specialist Real Estate talent; lifting the burden of administration, billing and even marketing and sales from lawyers who wanted to focus on their technical specialism rather than law firm operations and BD; and building an institutional specialist brand and client relationships, moving away from over-reliance on individual partner brands and practices.
Watch a short video preview here
In this podcast, Dr Peter Allinson and Clare Murray discuss a wide range of law firm founder issues, challenges and opportunities including:
- What can industry teach us to reshape the traditional law firm model for the better?
- What does it take for founder firms to compete with Big Law?
- The benefits of freeing lawyers to do what they do best – and creating a twin track that equally values and rewards technical and operational expertise
- How to build a technical sales team to sell legal services
- The 3 key requirements for a founder firm (or any firm) considering an IPO*:
- Develop visibility & predictability
- Make sure the Market is there
- Eliminate any single point of failure
- Building and financing growth to a level that aligns with personal values, risk threshold and ability to sleep at night!
* First Round Review: Shooting for an IPO? Take These Steps Now Before It's Too Late
Dr Peter Allinson can be contacted on email@example.com or +44(0)20 3026 8290.
We hope you enjoy listening to this episode. Please do like, subscribe and share. You can listen to the previous episodes in the series below:
Episode 1 - Laura Devine, Founder and Managing Partner of Laura Devine Solicitors (UK/US)
Episode 2 - Joydeep Hor, Founder of People + Culture Strategies (Australia)
Episode 3 - Michael Kim, Co-Founder of Kobre & Kim (US)
If you are thinking of setting up a new law firm, or are expanding to take your firm’s growth to the next level, and would like to discuss any related partnership or employment law infrastructure issues with us, please do get in touch with Clare Murray or Zulon Begum.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.